JOB LISTING (REF-TR001):
A NEW LEADER FOR TURKEY
- Turks have taken to the streets in Istanbul and all over Turkey in large numbers, to protest against the corrupt, oppressive goverment. So far, so good, but what is next? There doesn't seem to be a figure the Turkish people can trust and unite behind to win the coming elections. Are you that person? Do you know someone who can be that person? Let us know. Really, please do! It is quite urgent, and as the police keep killing protestors, a literal matter of life and death.
- You can download all of this page as a text file by clicking here.
- You can contact me if you have any suggestions, comments or can help to translate this page into as many languages a possible.
- Male / Female, preferably less than a hundred years old.
- Can not be an -ist of any kind, except a Kemalist.
- Simple rule: We are Ataturk's children, we follow his reforms. If you can't understand and accept this, GTFO.
- Can not be a political dinosaur / a member of the old guard.
- Members of AKP, CHP, DP, MHP, BDP, TKP, IP (etc..p); thanks, but no thanks, need not apply.
- We've heard all you have to say, about a million times.
- You had 12 years to win an election, how much of that time did you spend napping (or getting rich)?
- Our suggestion to you: seek alternative employment.
- Must be able to harness the energy the Gezi Protests have generated.
- The goodwill, the harmony, the wish for change, the unity, not to mention the frigging human beauty of it, waste any of this, and your term in office will be a short one.
- Must listen to the concerns people protesting on the streets have.
- Mate, we have done most of the hard work, you just need to win an election.
- Must understand that human rights and personal freedoms is not an optional or temporary concept.
- It applies to ALL your citizens, not just the ones who support you.
- This includes all minorities (yes, that does, in fact include the Kurds), regardless of religious views (yes, that does include atheists as well as the ultra religious)
- It applies ALL the time, not just when it suits your needs.
- Simple rule: If a citizen is not breaking any laws, they should have absolutely nothing to fear
- Google "Human Rights", there will be a pop quiz.
- Must be able to see that the Turkish Police Force has turned into a group of armed henchman. with no respect for the people and laws they serve (see: point on Human Rights)
- Must be brave enough to take drastic steps to stop police corruption, lawlessness and brutality
- If your solution to everything is tear gas, truncheons or a water cannon, kindly GTFO.
- Another simple rule: If your 'police' is actually killing peaceful protestors, you have failed, go back to step #1.
- See the point on Human Rights.
- Must be able to weed out unqualified, corrupt, and generally useless people in government positions placed there during 12 years of AKP rule.
- This does not mean you replace them with "your homies".
- I know there is corruption, you know there is corruption, we know, he knows, she knows, they know... The question is, what are you going to do about it?
- Speaking of corruption, must not have hundreds of relatives waiting in the wings to make a quick buck (or a few million, as the case usually is) from government contracts.
- Must be a team player, accept this role as a public servant, and must not have a messiah complex.
- You are not a sultan, king, emperor, or God's gift to us, you are a prime minister,a public employee. So do us all af avour, and act like one.
- In case you forgot, you remember what we did with the last Ottoman sultan? We exiled him, yup you heard us.
- Must have a vision for strong economic growth.
- To be honest, , we don't care all that much at this point. Sure, we'll take the money but only if it comes with Human Rights and personal freedoms.
- Simplified: You can not sweeten opression with cash.
- Remember the bit about Ataturk? Good, now remember it again! We will be here to remind you of it every single damn day.
- Hey, Tayyip, "you are fired". You might wanna try Saudi Arabia. Best of luck in all your future divisive, destructive and disgraceful endeavours.
- Yes, all you are is an (unpleasant) footnote in modern Turkey's history.